- Decentralised MVHR up to 404 l/sec (1455 m3/hr) flow rate
- Excellent heat recovery efficiency up to 85%
- Integral CO2 sensor
- Excellent thermal insulation - thermal transmittance class T2
- Low noise from just 26.4 dB(A)
- Complies with BB93, BB101 and ErP
- 3 year warranty
The Susurro 1000 offers discrete decentralised ventilation with heat recovery for classrooms and offices. Thanks to the latest in cross-counter-flow heat exchanger technology, Susurro 1000 can recover up to 90% of the otherwise wasted heat, which significantly reduces ongoing heating bills.
Susurro offers: low specific fan power (SFP), excellent air circulation, automatic 100% bypass, integral CO2 sensor and the option for additional frost protection facilities. All Susurro units incorporate exceptional casing insulation (40mm) to minimise thermal bridging and achieve extremely low noise levels. And with such low noise levels this unit is the perfect option for a school ventilation system.
Additional benefits include low energy, low noise EC fans, NFC connectivity with a smartphone, high grade air filters, BMS connectivity (Modbus), slim design for efficient use of space, bypass facilities and unique capillary tube system for optimal laminar air flow and enhanced Coanda effect.
The unit can be easily controlled and adjusted via the touchscreen controller and Building Management Systems (BMS). This real time monitoring ensures that changing conditions are identified and responded to, curtailing the regularity of servicing and running costs. Furthermore, additional unit information can be quickly downloaded via a smartphone thanks to NFC connectivity.
In addition, all Susurro units are compliant with the Energy Related Products Directive (ErP) 2018, Building Bulletin 93 and Building Bulletin 101, providing specifiers the opportunity to have fully compliant MVHR systems installed in schools and commercial premises.
- Decentralised Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery unit
- Optional built-in electric pre- and post-heater and built-in water post-heaters available
- Automatic, 100% summer bypass
- Unique capiliary tube system for optimal laminar air flow and enhanced Coanda effect
- Weekly and monthly ventilation profile programming available
- Pre-heater assisted frost protection
- Touch screen controller offers easy unit control and adjustment
- NFC connectivity - download unit information via a smartphone
- BMS connection via Modbus
- Integral CO2 sensor ensures demand controlled ventilation as standard
- ISO ePM1 60% / ISO Coarse 60% (F7/G4) class air filters as standard. ISO ePM1 70% / ISO ePM10 60% (F8/M5) options available. - ISO 16890 compliant
- Real time filter monitoring for effective maintenance
- Slim design is ideal for both new-builds and retrofits and ensures optimum use of space
- Compliant with BB101:2017 and BB93:2017
- H 573mm x W 2435mm x D 1263mm
- Weight: 149 kg
UNIT SPECIFICATON - SUSURRO 1000
The mechanical ventilation with heat recovery unit shall be the Susurro 1000 as manufactured by Airflow, shall be sized as indicated on the drawings and shall be in accordance with the specification.
The unit shall have a slim design, for ceiling mounting installation, ideal for both new builds and retrofits. The unique capillary tubes system for extract and supply air flow paths ensure a smooth conversion from turbulent to laminar flow and enhance Coanda effect. The incoming air shall be supplied at high velocity into the room ensuring effective mixing of the incoming air and ambient room air. This mixing process shall ensure high quality air throughout the room being supplied as a draught-free zone below ceiling height due to the Coanda effect.
The unit shall be fully insulated with 40mm thermal insulation, thermal transmittance class T2, to provide optimum thermal and acoustic performance and shall include a cross counterflow plate heat exchanger with a 90% thermal efficiency. The Aluminum heat exchanger shall be tested in accordance to EN308 standards and have Eurovent certification. As standard, the unit shall have an ISO ePM1 60% (F7) filter on the supply side and ISO Coarse 60% (G4) filters on the extract side, tested and compliant to ISO 16890 standard. The optional ISO ePM1 70% (F8) and ISO ePM10 60% (M5) filters shall provide additional protection against harmful particles and create ultra-hygienic indoor climate.
The unit shall have low energy consumption electronically commutated (EC) fans providing a quiet operation and achieving low specific fan power values ensuring long term savings on operating costs and shall be suitable for single phase supply. The sound power level requirements shall be detailed by the unit's manufacturer and in accordance with the ventilation equipment operation schedule.
The unit shall benefit from a built-in carbon dioxide (CO2) sensor for demand controlled ventilation. This significantly reduces the energy consumption by automatically varying the fans speed proportionally until the desired set points are met.
The unit shall be equipped with an automatic, 100% stepless bypass facility which totally isolates the heat exchanger so that no air passes through it. This prevents overheating the ventilated room in the summer season. The unit shall comply with BB93 and BB101. The unit shall provide ventilation in a single large room with no air duct required when installed directly on an external wall (decentralised ventilation unit) and shall have 315mm (2 ports) duct diameter for horizontal or top connections.
The unit shall be Susurro 1000 as manufactured by Airflow.
- Up to 1456m3/h (404l/s) @0Pa (free flow)
- Decentralised heat recovery ventilation
- Up to 90% thermal efficiency and low SFP
- Compliant with BB101:2017 and BB93:2015
- NFC technology
- Excellent thermal insulation (thermal transmittance class T2)
- Automatic, 100% summer by-pass
- Integral temperature and CO2 sensors
- Low energy EC fans
- Low noise level (35dB (A) at nominal air flow)
- ISO ePM1 60% (F7) and ISO Coarse 60% (G4) filters as standard
- Optional ISO ePM1 70% (F8) and ISO ePM10 60% (M5) filters
- Tubular system for optimal laminar air flow
- Slim design with low installation height for efficient space usage
- Digital touch-screen controller
- Two versions available: Susurro and Susurro Dezajno
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations available to tailor specific projects
- Optional enthalpy heat exchanger
- Optional built-in pre or post heater (electric, LPHW or 3-row change over coils for comfort heating and cooling)
The heat recovery ventilation unit shall provide effective and continuous control of ventilation rate, the integrated heat exchanger and summer by-pass actuator and optional heating/cooling coils facility.
The unit shall be equipped with completely automated control system, optimising its operation so as to achieve minimum heat losses and the most economical operation. The unit shall be designed to be operated in a dry indoor environment (relative humidity not exceeding 80%) and at an ambient temperature in the range from +5°C up to +40°C.
The ventilation unit shall have a variable speed control depending upon the control option chosen in the specification.
The unit shall have be easy to commission the supply and extract fans independently having fully variable fan speed control. Each fan shall have stepless variable speed control (0%-100% fan speed setting, in 10% increments), 0-10V voltage signal, IP54 protection and insulation class B.
The unit shall have a Near-Field Communication (NFC) facility that enables the user (by holding a compatible smartphone near the unit) to download the product datasheet and directly contact Airflow when undertaking maintenance of the unit.
The Susurro 1000 unit shall be controlled by one of the following:
- Touch screen digital controller
- Building Management System (BMS) via Modbus RTU
- On-demand ventilation through built-in CO2 sensor; this shall help maintain an oxygen rich and healthy indoor air environment even if the room is fully occupied
- Additional external sensors achieving on-demand ventilation
- Additional switches (e.g. manual boost switches)
SUSURRO TOUCH SCREEN DIGITAL CONTROLLER
The Susurro touch screen digital controller is compatible with the Susurro heat recovery units range. This advanced controller comes with intuitive commissioning and user friendly functions. A weekly or monthly scheduling can be set, guaranteeing that the air remains fresh at all times when it is occupied whilst lowering the flow rate of the unit when the room is not in use. The Susurro controller also benefits from the following features:
- Touch control
- Stepless regulation of preheating and posheating options
- Indication of filter clogging
- Boost function - intensive air flow at maximum power for a set period
- Connection to BMS via Modbus RTU
- Optional connection of sensors: CO2, RH, VOC (0-10V)
- Stepless by-pass (temperature control: free cooling, antifreeze protection)
- Offset fan adjustment (over-pressure and under-pressure)
- On-demand control via humidity, CO2 and VOC sensors
- Separate fan control for ease of commissioning - stepless fans control (0-10V)
- Freecooling functions - night ventilation (cooling)
- Occupancy function - reducing ventilation according to the PIR sensor
- Weekly or monthly ventilation programming allows users to pre-set the ventilation levels scheduled for different days